Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day Three: Favorite Book

What is my favorite book?

I loveloveLOVE to read, especially chick lit. I love Emily Giffin, Sarah Dessen, Nicholas Sparks, Jodi Picoult, etc. Currently, I'm reading Alphabet Weekends by Elizabeth Noble.

However, my favorite book of all-time would have to be:

The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares


"You know you've read a good book when you turn the
last page
and feel a little as if you have lost a friend."
- Paul Sweeney

I certainly felt like that when I finished this! When I first purchased this book, I was very excited to read it solely because of who wrote the book. As you may know, Ann Brashares is the author of the Sisterhood series (which I adore), so I knew that she wasn't going to disappoint me with this one. Trust me, she didn't. The book was a tearjerker from start to finish. I was bawling like a baby once I reached the end. I recommend this to everyone who is looking for a book to read this summer. It's a quick read and I can guarantee you that it will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. :)

"Love is a tough road to navigate. Finding a way for two people's heads, hearts, feelings, and emotions to not drive each other insane can be a tricky affair. Throw another person into the mix, and you have an even path to forge. Such a path is at the heart of Ann Brashares's novel The Last Summer (of You and Me). But this isn't your typical tawdry love triangle. It is a beautiful tapestry woven out of love so deep that it involves self-sacrifice." - Associated Content

Some of my favorite quotes:
"Sometimes you couldn't face the sadness of being forgotten until you felt the comfort of being remembered again."
 "He wanted to take his love back from her so badly. The old techniques didn’t work anymore. In fact, they’d never worked. How do you stop loving someone? It was one of the world’s more brutal mysteries. The more you tried, the less it worked."

"There was a moment in between, a moment flung free in the midst of the transition, when he made contact. That was the moment she would dwell on."

"Healing wasn’t always the best thing. Sometimes a hole was better left open. Sometimes it healed too thick and too well and left separate pieces fused and incompetent. And it was harder to reopen after that."

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a movie in 2011 so keep your eyes out for that!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the glowing recommendation, I will have to put this on my reading list! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete