Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day Eight: A Thank You Letter

To my high school vice-principal,

At the beginning of my sophomore year in high school, we introduced ourselves to each other since I was the liaison between the students and administrators. At that moment, I knew we were going to be working closely together on school issues, but I never knew how much I would learn from you. Over the past three years that I have known you, you have been nothing less than a personal motivator and mentor to me. After realizing that I was an extreme pushover and too timid to face confrontations, you always encouraged me to be a "shark" or a "tiger", challenging me to find that inner "fierceness". You taught me that it was okay to say no to people every once in a while. You taught me that it was okay to accept outside help whenever needed, instead of trying to take on every task that was handed to me. You taught me that it was okay to be my own person, without worrying what others would think. I realize that you were only trying to help me whenever you stole my note cards during lunch when my classmates and I were frantically studying before another big anatomy test. You encouraged me to be brave and to have confidence in myself. Without any of that, I wouldn't be the student that I am today.

With gratitude and growls,
Short, Sweet, and Petite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment