It's the beginning of another week here and I'm very excited because October is literally around the corner! October is my other favorite month (besides April) because there are so many birthdays (including mine -- the 7th!) and I always have things to look forward to. The most important day in the month is always the 15th = my best friend's birthday. Usually I start thinking of what I'm going to get him weeks in advance, but October seriously crept up on me. I am not prepared at all and I only have two weeks left... oh boy.
October is going to start off pretty well though... because the Boston Celtics are at Salve the entire week for training camp! I love the Celtics so much and I was very happy to hear that they were going to be on campus. The best part was the fact that students would have an opportunity to attend their scrimmage at the end of the week... but of course, there's a catch. We had to submit our names into the lottery system, and 175 people would randomly be picked. I WAS ONE OF THEM! I absolutely cannot wait. It's going to make this week go by so much faster!
This previous weekend was Salve's annual Fall Festival, the time when parents & alumni come visit the campus. My family and I didn't participate in these activities (in fact I went home), but I still had a wonderful weekend anyway :)
On Friday night, RER and I were reunited with the best girls ever. I was so happy to see them, but the best moment of the night was seeing their reactions when they saw us. Most of them did not know that we were coming up to see them, so they were genuinely surprised and grateful, I think. The expressions on their faces made me feel thankful that I was able to leave a lasting impression on them, while they have made their own lasting impressions on me. Those girls are truly some of the world's best people, and I am already looking forward to the next time that I can see all of them at once.
I woke up early on Saturday morning so my family and I could drive back down to Newport. We attended an awards ceremony on campus, where I got to see everyone who was receiving a scholarship or an award. My favorite part was seeing the alumni receive their awards. So many people have graduated from Salve and went on to make a name for themselves. Their stories were so inspiring that it put me in the mood to set big goals for myself. I am not a big "long-term goal-making" person, but there's no better time to start doing that than now. After the awards ceremony, my family and I went to downtown Newport where we spent most of the day. We haven't been to Newport in three or four years so my parents really enjoyed themselves. That made me really happy. We returned to Massachusetts to go out to dinner for my brother's & dad's birthday at Bugaboo Creek (my brother's choice). Afterwards, my brother hung out with a lot of his PCC friends while I just relaxed at home.
While at home, I ended up video chatting with a few people and somewhere in the midst of the conversation, a certain someone in the background said "Tell her I love her. TELL HER I LOVE HER". That brought me back on memory lane to one of the last times that I had heard that... It's funny how the only times I get to hear that is when he's intoxicated. He also told me that he can't come down for the Celtics scrimmage with me this weekend, even though he went out the other night. I don't think I'll ever understand him during times like these, but I think it's time I stop trying to understand... for both of our sakes.
Despite all the rain on Sunday, my mom and I spent some quality time together and went shopping. I hardly bought anything for myself but I was still glad that I got to go. Then RER drove me back to school that night.
Anyway, elections for on-campus and off-campus senators are next week, and I am SO nervous. I don't think that I am going to be completely devastated if I lose, but I will certainly be disappointed. I really want to be involved and I know this is the perfect thing for me. I just hope everyone else knows that too!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment