So it's Week 3, Day 2... of college. I spent my first weekend at school this previous weekend, and to my surprise, it wasn't so bad. On Friday, Salve's new president was inaugurated, so there was this big ceremony for her. That night, the friends and I ventured to downtown Newport, where we had dinner and saw 'Love Happens'. On Saturday, the same friends and I took the RIPTA to Providence Place... what an adventure that was. I was able to buy a Lacoste polo for my dad's birthday on Thursday. We also met up with our JWU friend since we hadn't seen her in so long! It was so nice to see her :)
(I realized I was being Negative Nancy in the previous post. I think I really needed to spend a whole weekend here to convince myself that this isn't all so bad. The toughest thing to believe is that this isn't just for a month now. This is for the next four-five years, so the only thing I can really do is to just get used to it. It doesn't mean that I've been completely oblivious to the fact that the Stonehill application is up already... but we'll see. I just need to be more hopeful and more patient with myself!)
Speaking of weekends, I am so excited for this upcoming weekend! RER and I are coming home on Friday to see some PCC students! It certainly has been too long since we both have seen them. We have been planning this for a month now, so no wonder why Friday seems so far away! I absolutely cannot wait :) My parents and I are going to go back to Salve on Saturday morning for an awards ceremony since it's Parents' Weekend. Apparently I am going to be recognized for receiving the William Hearst scholarship... that will be cool. My mom agreed to take me shopping around Newport afterwards so naturally, I am looking forward to that and just spending quality time with my parents and brother. Afterwards, we'll probably go out to dinner for my dad's and brother's birthday and I'll get to sleep in my own bed. :)
I am running for an on-campus senator position for the student government association. I am really nervous and don't really know what to expect, but I'm sure it will be interesting. I really hope I get elected because I am looking forward to getting back on the horse and be involved again. I'm also on the fence of running women's track. I already signed my life away to the NCAA last week, but I'm having second thoughts about it... oh well. C'est la vie. Such is life. I'll take it one day at a time. It's the only thing I can do.
"All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible." - Orison Swett Marden
I think this will be the quote I live by for my time here at Salve...
I love that you had a fun weekend in Newport! I am also super excited for next weekend!!
ReplyDeleteChange is scary but don't let it hold you back! You will make a name for yourself among the sea of thousands of people, I am sure of that. It is who you are by nature!
And never forget the wise words of good old Dr. Seuss:
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own.
And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.”