Sunday, January 2, 2011

Peace out 2010, Hollla atcha girl 2011!

Happy 2011, everyone! I honestly am a bit skeptical as to how incredible this year is going to be, simply because I thought 2010 was absolutely amazing. It was truly a year full of the good things (happiness, luck, family, and new friends) and none of the bad, which I obviously cannot complain about!

In 2010, I... skated on Frog Pond with all my friends, went to see the Blue Man Group, ran for an exec. board position in SGA and won (!!), earned a 3.64 GPA for the year, said goodbye to one of my best friends from school who was going to transfer to USF, had my wisdom teeth removed, went to see the Backstreet Boys, traveled to Washington D.C. with my family, went to see Tim McGraw and Lady Antebellum, had the most amazing summer at PCC, welcomed back said friend who returned to school for good :), became a college sophomore, was a student mentor for the freshmen, had lunch with Salve's board of trustees, attended the National Student Government Conference in Washington D.C. (again), saw the President's motorcade and stepped foot inside the Oval Office (still not over it), visited George Mason University, visited Georgetown University, went zip-lining, met new friends who will become my roommates next year, won a scholarship for my major, and earned a 3.718 GPA for the first semester.

The events in my life may not seem... well, for a lack of a better word, eventful... but there's nothing else that I would want. I can't recall any major setbacks or negatives and I am truly grateful for that.

As cliché as it may sound, the most important thing I learned this year was to finally appreciate what I have in the present and not to dwell on what I could or should have. I have been given so many wonderful opportunities that I really shouldn't have any time to think about the what if's.

2011, this is the year for three things:
1) goal-setting and accomplishments
2) less stress (we all need that in our lives!)
and most importantly,
3) having all sorts of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment