That is why I want summer to come NOW! Lately, I have been listening to country music more than ever before, as if some Kenny Chesney and Lady Antebellum could make the sun come out. I am a huge fan of country music, and whenever I'm home in the summer, the radio in my car is always set to a country radio station. I have only been to one country concert so far, but it was so worth it. I went to see Brad Paisley, Jack Ingram, and Kellie Pickler in the summer of 2007. Taylor Swift was also a part of this tour, but came down with bronchitis the day before this show. I was devastated, but Brad Paisley definitely turned things around for me. I bought tickets to see him again last summer, but ended up not going, due to a work commitment. So he's coming back to Massachusetts this summer, although he's filling in for K.Ches and headlining at Gillette Stadium. Side note: Dear Mr. Paisley, I know you're talented enough to perform at Gillette, but next time, for my sake, please come back to your usual venue in the future. Although I love you, I simply cannot afford to fork up $90 to see you when I only had to pay $33 just twelve months ago. Thanks, miss you!
Anyway, I am hoping to go to the Tim McGraw, Lady A, and Love & Theft show in July, but until then, here are some of my favorite country songs that remind me of summer:
1. Gloriana - "Wild at Heart"
"Stick your hand into my back pocket
Light me up like a bottle rocket
I just wanna free fall for awhile
That rebel moon is shining
Those stars burn like diamonds
Hell bent on chasing down that crazy spark"
That rebel moon is shining
Those stars burn like diamonds
Hell bent on chasing down that crazy spark"
2. Keith Urban - "Somebody Like You"
(I actually saw this whole show on TV and the story he tells before singing this song is adorable!)
"I wanna feel the sunshine, shining down on me and you
When you put your arms around me
You let me know there's nothing in the world we can't do"
When you put your arms around me
You let me know there's nothing in the world we can't do"
3. Kenny Chesney - "Never Wanted Nothing More"
"I'm what I am. I'm what I'm not
I live to love and laugh a lot, and that's all I need"
4. Dierks Bentley - "Free and Easy"
"Got the sun shinin' on me like a big spotlight
So I know everything is gonna be alright
Ain't no tellin' where the wind might blow
Free and easy down the road I go
Livin' life like a Sunday stroll
Free and easy down the road I go"
5. Brad Paisley - "Mud on the Tires"
(This video makes me laugh so much!)
(This video makes me laugh so much!)
"Moonlight on a duck blind, catfish on a trot line
Sun sets about nine this time of year
We can throw a blanket down
Crickets singin' in the background
And more stars than you can count on a night this clear"
Sun sets about nine this time of year
We can throw a blanket down
Crickets singin' in the background
And more stars than you can count on a night this clear"
6. Taylor Swift - "Our Song"
(This is the ultimate 'warm weather' song, because my teammates and I used to blast this on our bus rides to away meets every year)
(This is the ultimate 'warm weather' song, because my teammates and I used to blast this on our bus rides to away meets every year)
"Our song is the slammin' screen doors,
Sneakin' out late, tapping on your window
When we're on the phone and you talk real slow
'Cause it's late and your mama don't know
Our song is the way you laugh
The first date 'Man, I didn't kiss her, and I should have'
And when I got home, before I said 'Amen'
Asking God if he could play it again"
Sneakin' out late, tapping on your window
When we're on the phone and you talk real slow
'Cause it's late and your mama don't know
Our song is the way you laugh
The first date 'Man, I didn't kiss her, and I should have'
And when I got home, before I said 'Amen'
Asking God if he could play it again"
and the most current song:
7. Lady Antebellum - "American Honey"
"There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowing in the wind
Calling out my name like a long lost friend
Oh, I miss those days as the years go by
Oh, nothing's sweeter than summer time
And American honey"
Even if you don't usually listen to country music, there's no denying that these songs will put you in a good mood! Hope you enjoy them!
No comments:
Post a Comment