We are seven days into the new year and decade, and it's a little bittersweet as I look back and realize how much joy was brought into my life during the past year. From making the most of my senior year in high school to spending a summer changing kids' lives to starting a new chapter in my life at Salve Regina, it has been such an eventful year and I am thankful for every moment. Yes, there were some unfortunate and heartbreaking moments brought upon to my family, friends, and myself, but I must (and have) look above that and realize how everything could have been much worse. I finally understood that everything does, in fact, happen for a reason, and I can either embrace that or let it tie me down.
In 2009, I... performed (instead of play in the orchestra) in my first musical Footloose, attended a luncheon for receiving the Reuben & Lizzie Grossman award, cheered on my friends as they: went to the state semi-finals at the Boston Garden in basketball AND won the state championship in baseball, went to the State House for Student Government Day, attended a Jack's Mannequin/Matt Nathanson/Erin McCarley concert, ran the open 400m & 4x400m relay in track and was one second off of making states, received the most scholarships at senior awards night, ranked tenth in my graduating class, gave a speech (and cried) at graduation, went to a Red Sox vs. Texas Rangers game, proctored at PCC, said goodbye to my best friends as they all left for schools over four hours away, moved into Salve Regina and received a special scholarship, was elected to be an on-campus senator, and earned a 3.81 GPA for my first semester.
So regardless of the downs (as in ups-and-downs) of this year, which I will leave unmentioned, it has been a pretty successful year and I honestly believe it could not have been gone any better.
2010, what do you have in store for me?
"For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning." - T. S. Eliot
No comments:
Post a Comment