Monday, January 25, 2010

"Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination." - Fitzhugh Dodson

My Goals for the New Year... (I know I didn't aim high... but oh well!) I will most likely be adding on to this as the year goes on.


1) Drive on the highway. I know what you're thinking. Pick up that gaping mouth and accept the reality. I have been driving for a little over two years and have not driven on the highway yet. To me, it's not really that big of a deal. I haven't had the need to go anywhere far that would require me to go on the highway... except for now. Next year, I'll be able to bring a car to campus so I will certainly have to drive to school. Also, all my friends that are juniors in high school have driven on the highway before I have... If that is not enough motivation, then I don't know what is. I need to man up and do it (hmm, this calls for a good post in the future...)!!

2) Complete 'Jillian Michaels's 30-Day Shred'. One of my best friends just started this last week. Although it is quite entertaining to watch her sweat and cheer her on (and laugh when she gives up... oops), I also would like to see if I can complete the full thirty days. I plan on accomplishing this goal starting on Saturday, May 9th. You heard me. Jillian Michaels, you've got nothing on me!

3) Become a better proctor. Now that I have been shown the ropes on what proctoring is like, I am definitely looking forward to this summer and being a better worker and a better role model.

4) Earn at least a 3.5 GPA for the spring semester. My schedule for the spring semester isn't doing me any justice. History, human bio, Seeking Wisdom, calculus (!?!), AND American Judicial System? This semester is going to be quite the challenge for me, and I will be extremely happy if I'm able to accomplish this goal. Everyone and their mothers know that I am NOT the brightest person when it comes to any type of math... so please, wish me luck.


5) Visit two of my best friends in Washington D.C. It has almost been a year since I have been to D.C., and I miss it terribly! I keep saying that I will visit them, but I will for sure visit them sometime this year!


"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things." - Albert Einstein




No comments:

Post a Comment