Now that the spring semester is finally underway and my professors have begun to pile on the reading assignments, I find myself daydreaming about where I would rather be than sitting in class...
I traveled to Orlando literally 12 hours after my last final ended last month (talk about chaotic packing) to visit a friend and I had so much fun. It was my first time traveling after turning 21 so I was finally able to enjoy the night life in Orlando. However, my favorite part about Orlando is obviously Disney World... and always will be. I've been a lover of Disney since I first went in sixth grade and I haven't fell out of love since. No matter how old I am or how old the rides are, I don't think the magical feeling that fills me will ever subside. It was literally a dream come true for me to be celebrating the holiday season in Disney World!
Luckily for me, my friend is a former Disney Cast Member and still had a couple of guest passes before they expired, so I was able to get in for free! We went to Hollywood Studios on Sunday and Magic Kingdom on Monday.
Here are some pictures from my iPhone of my trip :)
This was the first thing I saw after entering Hollywood Studios. So perfect!
Mickey's Sorcerer's hat... always a classic.
This was my first time witnessing the extraordinary Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights on the Streets of USA in Hollywood Studios. Shortly after the sun goes down, they turn on over 8 MILLION of these dancing lights, which are synchronized to the holiday music that is playing. It is truly magical and a sight to see!
(besides Space Mountain, this is my favorite ride in Magic Kingdom!)
Cindrella's Castle all lit up in icicles. It's truly a gorgeous sight.
Taken during the Spirit of the Season fireworks show.
One of my favorite pictures taken during the trip. The iPhone works wonders!
So pretty.
And one last one for good measure :)
I also got to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, located in Universal Studios, for the first time, which was very exciting! I'm a big fan after reading the books and seeing the movies and I couldn't wait to taste that "butterbeer" and see what the hype was all about and go on that awesome 3D ride. Both did not disappoint!
This is what I saw when checking into a restaurant/tavern on FourSquare. Too funny!
Mmmm... butterbeer!
For those of you who have never tried it, it tastes like cream soda with DELICIOUS whipped cream on top (and this comes from a girl who despises whipped cream). The carbonation in this sweet concoction was a little too much for me, but otherwise, it was worth it!
For those of you who have never tried it, it tastes like cream soda with DELICIOUS whipped cream on top (and this comes from a girl who despises whipped cream). The carbonation in this sweet concoction was a little too much for me, but otherwise, it was worth it!
View of Hogwarts Castle from down below.
The line for this incredible 3D simulation ride was an estimated 90 minutes, but worth the wait! There were lots of queues for people waiting in line and lots of photo opportunities once you entered Hogswarts. Everything was very authentic! In the middle of the line, there is a locker station for you to leave your stuff so they wouldn't fall out when you were on the ride. I wasn't going to risk losing my phone on the ride so I left it in the locker, but if I had known how cool it was inside the castle, I would've brought it along with me!
Hogwarts Express!
If you're a fan and you haven't been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, don't miss this part of Universal's Islands of Adventure next time you plan your trip to Orlando! The shopping area in Hogsmeade really seems like it was taken from the movie. In Honeydukes, you can purchase chocolate frogs and Bernie Botts' jelly beans, while in Ollivander's Wand Shop, the wand chooses YOU instead of the other way around.
With enough magic and innocence to last me a lifetime, I still can't wait to return... hopefully soon :)
Have you been to Disney or WWoHP? What's your favorite ride? What's YOUR magical place?
Hogwarts Express!
If you're a fan and you haven't been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, don't miss this part of Universal's Islands of Adventure next time you plan your trip to Orlando! The shopping area in Hogsmeade really seems like it was taken from the movie. In Honeydukes, you can purchase chocolate frogs and Bernie Botts' jelly beans, while in Ollivander's Wand Shop, the wand chooses YOU instead of the other way around.
With enough magic and innocence to last me a lifetime, I still can't wait to return... hopefully soon :)
Have you been to Disney or WWoHP? What's your favorite ride? What's YOUR magical place?
looks like so much fun :)
ReplyDeletelove k