Saturday, January 21, 2012

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close


This movie came out yesterday and after inundated with the trailer on TV, I knew I had to go see it right away. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close was a beautiful heart-wrenching story about a young boy's journey to find more time with his father after losing him in the 9/11 attacks. Through his tremendous heartache and determination, he is able to overcome multiple fears as he treks through the city of New York to discover more about his father.


After uncontrollably (but silently) sobbing throughout the entire movie, I am so glad I made the decision to go see it. The poignant acting and cinematography were wonderful and I certainly am recommending everyone to see this if you can! It's an incredibly sad movie, but very touching at the same time. Just don't forget to bring tissues... lots of them.
 


(pictures: 1 2)

3 comments:

  1. I was tearing up watching the trailer in theaters when I went to see a different movie. I cannot wait to go see this with my boyfriend. I definitely know I will be bawling my eyes out. I just found out it is a book as well. It is on my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been DYING to see this movie since the previews first started. I now know that I must go sooner rather than later ;) so happy to have stumbled on your blog...I live across the bay in Providence! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following! I cannot wait to read more of yours! Love your blog name! I really want to read the book first before I go see the movie! I have heard wonderful things about the book!

    ReplyDelete