Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Something Borrowed

"Something Borrowed" has been one of my favorite books ever since freshman year of high school. It was a quick read with a great plot that kept me on my toes. I was ecstatic to learn last year that it was being adapted into a movie this spring, and was even more excited to learn that John Krasinski was starring in it (my favorite!).


This movie came out last Friday and you can believe that my friends and I went to see the matinee showing right before we had to move out of our dorms for the summer. It was a wonderful romantic comedy about friendships being tested when guys come into the picture... especially when the guy may or may not be the best friend's fiancee. Yikes!

I think the movie did the book justice and I was very pleased with the actors' portrayals of the character. Kate Hudson's character was conniving, confident, and crazy all at once. Ginnifer Goodwin's character will make you feel sympathetic for her, even if she was the "bad girl". Colin Egglesfield will make you swoon every.single.time he was on the screen, guaranteed. John Krasinski's character was sarcastic and charming at the same time (much similar to his Jim Halpert character on The Office). At one point, he says "Well I'm the only asshole that gives a shit about you!" Um, who ever knew that my heart would melt at such a line!?


"Something Borrowed" was funny, charming, and heartbreaking all at once. It's a great movie to either see by yourself or with a group of your girlfriends. I highly recommend going to see it and reading the book too if you haven't already! (Plus, there's a great dancing scene of Kate and Ginnifer dancing and singing to "Push It" by Salt n Pepa)


Have you read the book or seen the movie?
Did John Krasinski make you melt too!?

1 comment:

  1. I just saw the movie last night and LOVED it! I hadn't really seen John Krasinski in anything before since I don't watch The Office but he was really good in this movie. I almost liked the male characters more in the movie than the women.

    ReplyDelete