For the past couple of months, you have probably heard that the New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys were touring together this summer. You probably have even heard their new single together, "Don't Turn Out the Lights". Well, two Saturdays ago, I was lucky enough to attend the NKOTBSB concert in Boston. I know what you're thinking and Yes, I was jealous of myself. Yes, it was beyond incredible. Yes, the guys are looking better than ever.
Needless to say, they have come a long way since they began...

NKOTB now
It was my first time seeing NKOTB live and my third time seeing BSB (my second time seeing them within a year). Growing up, my family friends were 5-6 years older than I was and I admired them like no other, so naturally, my love/obsession for the Backstreet Boys began around the age of 6. That is why I knew every single word of every single song that they performed that night. On the other hand, I only knew a couple of the staple songs by the Kids, such as "The Right Stuff" and "Step by Step". However, I had a blast dancing along to their songs anyway... and now I am not ashamed to say I am a huge fan of them too. They performed for two and a half hours - two and a half hours well spent, in my opinion, with a hefty set of 14-15 songs each. I swear I have never seen so many grown women jumping up and down, singing "I Want It That Way" at the top of their lungs as much as I did that night. I sat in the balcony for the first time and even that didn't hinder my experience in any way. I came to the concert with a fully charged camera and I took so many pictures and videos that it died on me two-thirds of the way through!
Overall, it was just amazing to be a part of a once-in-a-lifetime experience. There are reasons why the Backstreet Boys are the best selling group of all-time, with the New Kids on the Block right behind them, and both groups certainly reminded their audience why that is the way that it is. NKOTB and BSB were two different generations of groups that literally shaped American pop culture during their times and to come together and sell out arena after arena many years later really shows the impact that they had on the music industry. The show was phenomenal and if you haven't missed out on their tour yet, I suggest purchasing tickets ASAP. You do not want to miss out on this unique, entertaining experience!
NKOTB performing a ballad
BSB
Can you tell that white suits are a staple to any boy band ballad?
The best part of the night was at the end when NKOTB and BSB donned their personalized Bruins jerseys during their encore of "Everybody" and "Hangin' Tough". The B's were playing in Game 2 of the finals that night so it was great for the guys to show them some support!
Now, the only question is how long will it take for *NSYNC to reunite!?
What's your favorite NKOTB/BSB song?
Who's your favorite boy band?
What's your favorite NKOTB/BSB song?
Who's your favorite boy band?




No comments:
Post a Comment