Monday, February 8, 2010

Who needs six degrees of separation...

...when you can have TWO!

Every year, I look forward to finding out who the Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Man and Woman of the Year will be (former Hasty Puddings include: James Franco, Scarlett Johansson, and Charlize Theron). That is why you can imagine how ecstatic I was to hear that two of my favorite entertainers earned the coveted title this year: Justin Timberlake and Anne Hathaway. Everyone knows how I *swooooooon* over JT (yes, it's inevitable. I stop in my tracks, my mouth drops, and out comes the drool...) and how can you not like Anne? Princess Diaries, Ella Enchanted, Get Smart? LOVE.

Anyway, I was reading Perez Hilton for the eighth time two Fridays ago when he posted an entry about Anne at Harvard. I almost passed out when I realized who was in the picture with Anne at the roast.

Exhibit A:

(taken from PerezHilton via AP images)

The guy on the right happens to be the president of the Hasty Pudding Theatricals. He also happens to be the valedictorian of the class of 2006 at my high school. He also happens to be the guy whose locker I had to switch with because he was too tall / I was too short during my freshman year. In high school, students were assigned the same locker for all four years, and I was assigned to a locker on the top. However, the person whose locker was on the bottom was 6'3", while I was 4'10". It obviously didn't make sense to keep our lockers while he strained to bend down to put his books away and I was on my tippy toes to hang my jacket up on the hook. Therefore, I took his locker and vice versa and all problems disappeared. For the rest of the year, he ended up being a good friend and someone who I looked up to (literally and figuratively).

Not only am I completely proud (and JEALOUS) that he has accomplished a lot since graduating from high school... but I am SO excited to tell everyone that Justin Timberlake *cue heart melting* and Anne Hathaway and I are only separated by TWO degrees!




PCC Proctor Fun Fact this summer? HUGE POSSIBILITY!



No comments:

Post a Comment