Sunday, February 7, 2010

2000 points in 2 nights!

As an avid Green Wave Super Fan and former Green Wave athlete, I have traveled near and far to my hometown's sporting events, especially football and baseball. Yet in my high school career, there was no better sporting event to attend than a boys' basketball game. Following the boys wherever they went (and basically getting kicked out of an away game once), I made sure that I was there in the sea of green across from the bench, cheering on my best friends.

The past season was absolutely ridiculous, as the boys made it to the state semi-finals where they got to play at the Boston Garden. It was surreal being in the seats, watching the team on the court AND on the Jumbotron. It was one of the biggest highlights of my high school career!

(on Tuesday, March 10, 2009)

front row, watching my friends warm up

the FRH (taken by myFoxboston)

FRH again (taken by myFOXboston)

This article was posted today on the Boston Globe's website and after reading it, I could not be any prouder of two of my friends. I was fortunate enough that I was home on the weekend of January 29th to go to their game and see my very good friend RWC score his 1,000 career point. When this moment happened (on his signature 3-pointer), the game completely stopped and the entire gymnasium was on their feet, jumping up and down and yelling his name. My heart was racing, my hands were bright red from clapping so much, and my throat killed from screaming so loud. I honestly had been waiting three years for that moment and I was so happy I got to witness one of the best moments of his life (I didn't get to go the second game on Saturday, but my other friend KTL scored his 1,000 career point also).

I have known them both since the day they started playing basketball together(in the travel leagues and the AAU league) and I am so proud of them for accomplishing this incredible feat!

(on Friday, January 29, 2010)

RWC and his parents after scoring his 1,000th point!

the 1,000 sign!

Congratulations, RWC (143 224!) & KTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment