Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Springtime Staples

Spring fever is in the air! It's supposed to reach up to a high of 65 degrees in  Boston this Friday, the perfect temperature to venture around the city and go shopping on Newbury Street! Oh, the joys of living in Massachusetts...

With sunshine on the brain, here are some of my "springtime staples" for this season.

1) 3" chino shorts. I always say, the brighter, the better! The appropriately named "shocking pink" shorts from J.Crew are a perfect addition to any springtime wardrobe. If that fluorescent hue doesn't put a smile on your face, I don't know what will!
2) A simple striped boatneck tee. This nautical navy blue boatneck from Vineyard Vines tee is a fantastic match with the bright lemon twill shorts as pictured above.

3) A great pair of sunglasses. These Ray-Ban new wayfarer sunglasses are a classic piece to any outfit. I would love to own a colorful pair, such as a yellow or magenta pair, but you cannot go wrong with the timeless black or tortoise pair.
4) A simple sundress to dress down and up. You can wear this dress to class on a nice, sunny day or pair it with a blazer to be more "business cas".
5) Cardigans, especially the Jackie cardigan from J.Crew. I cannot say enough about these cardigans! I am always looking for a color that I don't already have to add to my collection. The radiant orchid is one of my favorites and I have a headband adorned with flowers that matches perfectly with it. Pastel colors are great for the springtime and can easily be worn over a flowy tank top or over a shift dress during this transition season.
6) Espadrilles. I'm loving this cute navy pair from AE with the paisley straps. Too cute!

What are some of your springtime staples?

2 comments:

  1. I love J Crew shorts for spring! They have so many great colors/patterns, and I'm really loving the pink! They'd look great with a tan!

    I can't live without sunglasses - I have so many pairs, but I always buy cheap ones because I lose/break them all the time!

    Oh, and I like to have polished nails & toes in bright colors so I can look great in sandals!

    ReplyDelete