I swear that after my trip, it is like I became a completely new person. To be honest, I am slightly shocked to see what a different person I have transformed into. When I look back and see how unbelievably homesick I was, it makes me sad, yet slightly optimistic as I tell myself that I should never become that girl again.
I am certainly much more positive about everything that is currently going on in my life. I no longer feel the need to cry after talking to my parents on the phone every night. I choose something to look forward to every single day to make the day much more enjoyable. I am more confident and more outgoing. To justify this, I went on a zip-line yesterday morning at a high ropes course. Yes, you read that right. I. Went. Zip-lining. I even volunteered to go first, but had to wait to go after two other people. This is coming from the girl who is so terrified of heights, but I reminded myself that it was not an opportunity that comes every day so I decided to toss that fear aside and just go with it. It was exhilarating and nerve-wracking at the same time, but I obviously do not regret it one bit.
At the end of the day, I smiled as I congratulated myself for being brave and more importantly, for allowing myself to actually have fun. That, I believe, is one of the best feelings ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment