Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"Fall is gone... winter is here" - Chase Coy

Thanksgiving break was simply wonderful... and too short! I did a lot of reuniting with friends & family... and a lot of shopping. This was the first year that my mom and I did not wake up early to go shopping on Black Friday. In fact, we didn't even buy a lot this year, but it was still great to continue our tradition. I got to pick out my Christmas present... and my mom even bought me a new pair of Uggs for my belated birthday (I ended up returning the Vera bag that I received. I decided the colors were overwhelming and am currently waiting for the new prints to come out in a couple of months!).


Classic short Uggs in gray

Christmas present!! -- Return to Tiffany bead bracelet
(The charm matches my earrings that I received for graduation
and my necklace that I received last Christmas)

Friday night, I attended a party with all my co-workers. It was very fun to catch up, especially since I haven't seen most of them since the end of the summer!! I also got to hang out with my best friends from home a few times. It was like nothing has changed, even if we were separated for a few months. I could tell the parents loved seeing us together again, and of course we loved seeing the parents too!

Now backtracking a little... on Thanksgiving morning, I attended the football game in Abington against Whitman-Hanson. It was the 99th annual game between the two teams! Of course (sorry RER :)) we won, 20-0. At halftime, the baseball team received their state championship rings and they look awesome! It was really great to see everyone together. Later that afternoon, we had our Thanksgiving dinner. This year, my parents hosted the holiday dinner and we ended up having 25 people in our dining room, each with his or her own chinaware and utensils (my mom likes to go all out for these occasions). Good thing we renovated a few years ago! Thanksgiving dinner was so delicious, comprised of not one but two turkeys, ham, homemade mashed and roasted potatoes, and the usual... completed by a homemade cheesecake with berries on top. YUMMY.

And although I had such a wonderful break, there are no words to describe how excited I am that it is finally December! The Christmas decorations are up, the iTunes is blaring the Christmas playlist (on repeat), and the Secret Santa plans are underway! Tonight is the annual lighting of the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Plaza.


YES!



No comments:

Post a Comment